Your path to a better future starts here. Call 602-234-5900


If your ex-spouse fails to comply with or follow through on the orders of your divorce decree, you have the right to seek enforcement through Arizona family courts. If it is found that your spouse knowingly and willfully refused to comply with court orders or make payments, you may be able to seek an action of contempt against him or her, which could include criminal sanctions and possible jail time.

Do You Need to Seek Enforcement?

While you do have the option to seek enforcement, you must be able to prove that your spouse has failed to comply with the terms of your divorce decree. Typical situations the court will consider include:

  • Failure to turn over assets
  • Failure to pay debts as ordered
  • Failure to sell or refinance an asset
  • Failure to pay spousal maintenance
  • Failure to pay child support

At Lasiter & Jackson, our lawyers focus on helping clients through difficult and ongoing family law issues. We represent clients on both sides of enforcement issues, whether pursuing legal action to collect past-due payments or defending against false accusations. Drawing on more than 36 years of combined experience handling all aspects of divorce and family law, we seek to help you understand your options and pursue the most efficient, cost-effective action to achieve your goals.

Our goal is to ensure you have the information you need to determine whether it is worth your time and expense to take a matter to court. We will listen to your goals, review the facts of your case and give you our honest opinion regarding your chances of success. Whatever decision you make, we are ready to help you protect your rights.

Court Sanctions Are a Very Serious Matter

Those found to be in contempt of court orders risk additional collection orders and sanctions such as wage garnishment, garnishment of bank accounts, property liens, repossession, asset seizure or even incarceration. For payors, or those who need to pay, if you need relief from unreasonable child support or spousal maintenance demands to avoid such court sanctions, we can help you find a practical solution such as modification.

Consult Experienced Divorce Attorneys Today

Contact our office in Phoenix to discuss your situation with one of our experienced Arizona divorce decree enforcement lawyers. We help clients with child support, spousal maintenance and other enforcement issues in Maricopa County and Pinal County.


Best Family Lawyers in Phoenix