Your path to a better future starts here. Call 602-234-5900

Collections on Divorce Decree Judgments

If your ex-husband or wife has failed to pay obligations that were part of your divorce decree, talk to a family law attorney with experience enforcing court orders through aggressive collection methods, if necessary. Your ex-wife or ex-husband may have been required to pay obligations such as the following, and has not done so:

Legal remedies for you after the divorce are similar to those that any other creditor has when a debtor fails to pay a debt in Arizona.

Collecting on Judgments

Lawyer Stephanie Jackson or lawyer Nicole Lasiter can explain how your spouse’s unpaid obligations can be collected through wage garnishment or seizure of assets, including bank accounts. In some cases, your ex-spouse may be held in contempt of court and may be sent to jail. Assets of a person in contempt of court for failure to pay a court-ordered obligation may be seized and sold at auction to obtain cash to pay with.

For help with enforcement or collections after a former spouse has failed to make good on a court order that was part of your divorce, contact a family law attorney at Lasiter & Jackson in Phoenix.

Contact Us for Help With Enforcement or Collections

At Lasiter & Jackson, we are committed to being a Phoenix law firm focused on obtaining results for our family law clients. We begin by providing a qualified case assessment at a reasonable cost.

Contact a Phoenix divorce attorney at our law offices to discuss your divorce or family law issues.


Best Family Lawyers in Phoenix